Happy Friday, loves! Today I’m here to bring you the sure-fire products you will find me using this summer. I’ve tested these products over and over for the past couple of months to create a regimen that finally works for me.
1. Henna Sooq Sweet Honey Shampoo Bar: Heaven. On. Hair. This shampoo is all natural and provides an immense amount of slip to prevent hair from getting tangled. This bar is also moisturizing. My hair never feels dry like other shampoos and it gets my hair nice and clean, especially those times when my hair is filled with product.
2. Coconut Oil: This is a summer staple. My hair does a great job absorbing this oil and keeping my hair nice and moisturized. I can’t tell you how yummy my hair felt using this before heading to beach!
3. Aussie Moist Conditioner: This is the best $3 I have ever spent for a hair product. I have slip for days!!!! I use this for co-washing my hair.
4. Jessicurl Weekly Deep Conditioner: I’ve been using this since last summer and it still stands as one of my favorite hair products of all time, as well as a staple. My hair feels like butter every single time I use this.
5. Redken’s Smooth Down Butter Treat: I had never heard of this product until I read this post by CurlyNikki. Since she was using this in a tropical climate, I figured it would work for me going between Cancun and Barbados. I bought it and simply love it. It’s amazing on my hair. Although it’s a little pricey, I try not to use so much of it. However I can definitely see myself keeping this around for years to come.
6. Kinky Curly Knot Today: Staple. What can I say? If your hair gets knots, you need this product! I’ve been using this since I started my journey and it delivers with every application. I use this as a leave in/detangler after I wash and co-wash.
7. Shea Butter Curl Enhancing Smoothie: Dear naturals, if you’re not on this, then you are in the dark. I’ve heard raving reviews about this product for years and I just decided to take the plunge and try it myself. OMG! Every single curl on my hair is defined when I use this. Braid outs, twist outs, and wash and gos. This is a LIFE saver and definitely a must-have. I stay stocked with this and it’s only $10/jar!
8. Eco Styler Gel (Olive Oil): I’ve been using this for a while and I love this gel during the summer. I typically use this for my edges or when I’m wearing my hair in a bun. Other than that, I don’t mess with it since the Curl Enhancing Smoothie did the job of defining my coif.
9. Bobby pins: That’s right – the old fashion bobby pins. It comes in handy for buns or just getting your hair to stay where you want it. I keep hundreds of these bad boys on me at all times just in case there’s a mishap along the way.