As a proud “Bahmerican”, there’s a side of me that longs for a more chill pace with a hint of ocean breeze all on island time. The island life is truly a way of life and enjoying it to the fullest is always a #1 priority.
While we’re preparing to cool off here, the island way of life is still going strong. We all don’t have the time or means to fly to the Caribbean to get a glimpse of this way of life. So Bahama Breeze decided to bring the islands here and celebrate with all things rum with their annual party Rumtoberfest!
The party runs from September 19 – November 6, so that gives you plenty of time to turn up like an island local.
If you’re interested in Rumtoberfest, check out some more detailed information below.
THIS FALL, PARTY LIKE THE LOCALS AT BAHAMA BREEZE’S RUMTOBERFEST
Summer’s Over, But This Caribbean Party Will Soon Turn Up the Heat
ORLANDO, Fla. (Sept. 19, 2016) – In the Caribbean, the party never ends. The offseason just means it’s time for islanders to let loose and have some real fun. This fall, party like the locals during Bahama Breeze’s Rumtoberfest, a celebration of all things rum that kicks off Sept. 19 and runs through Nov. 6.
“Rumtoberfest at Bahama Breeze allows guests to enjoy a true Caribbean experience,” said John Wilkerson, Senior Vice President of Bahama Breeze. “And this year, we’re excited to introduce new promotions to make the celebration even more memorable.”
If you ask us, Rumtoberfest is best celebrated with friends. Trying to find the perfect way to invite yours? Bahama Breeze is making it easy – and fun – to share the hype. Surprise your friends with a special delivery – courtesy of Bahama Breeze. Visit Rumtoberfest.com to ship them a coconut, complete with personalized message. Visit the website for more details – but hurry, this offer is only available while supplies last. Purchaser only pays $5.45 shipping to anywhere in the continental U.S.
Bahama Breeze is partnering with Uber for the first Rumbash Friday of the season on Sept. 23 to give guests a safe, fun and interactive experience when they head to the restaurants. Between 4 and 9 p.m., Miami-area guests visiting the Kendall location can arrive in style – in one of three limited-edition Bahama Breeze vehicles. Simply open your Uber app and select “UberEscapeMIA” for a chance to experience the ultimate Bahamas party to-go, complete with tropical “mocktails,” Caribbean jams, prizes and a free ride. Upon arrival, guests will be treated to an exclusive Rumtoberfest Tasting.
Guests nationwide can also get in on the fun. Between 4 and 9 p.m., use Uber to visit any of Bahama Breeze’s 36 locations nationwide to receive a free appetizer. Offer redeemable with Uber email receipt; one per table; Island Hopper Combo excluded from free appetizer promo.
We’re keeping the fun going throughout Rumtoberfest, with games, prizes, specials, live music, fortune tellers and other activities at all 36 Bahama Breeze locations every Friday until Nov. 4.
Limited Edition Menu
The Rumtoberfest menu features new cocktails crafted in the spirit of those served at islanders’ favorite neighborhood bars. This year’s selections include:
• Pirate’s Paradise – This cocktail gets its name from Port Royal, Jamaica’s infamous pirate city. Served in an exclusive take-home glass, this drink features lime, passion fruit, ginger, vanilla and bitters, with an upside-down 50-ml bottle of Captain Morgan.
• Rum Thyme – This drink was created in the spirit of Prohibition-era rum runners who brought ships of whiskey and rum into the U.S. from the Caribbean. It features Zaya Rum, Old Overholt Rye, orange juice, lime juice and thyme syrup.
• High Tide Swizzle – The swizzle pre-dates the cocktail and is one of the Caribbean’s original rum drinks. The word “swizzle” comes from the stick (literally a stick from a tree) that was once used to mix the cocktail and add bittering flavors.
• Rum Cocktail Flights – Can’t decide which rum cocktail to try? Choose between three options that highlight the most popular Bahama Breeze selections, including:
o Mama’s Hooch and Holler, featuring Bahamian Sunset, Bahama Mama and the Goombay Smash.
o Shark Attack Shack, featuring Yaka Hula Hickey Dula, Zombie and Painkiller cocktails.
o Float My Boat Bar, which includes the Curly Tail, Painkiller and Zombie cocktails.
• Pick Your Own Rum Flight … served with a side of Coke, or treat yourself to three world-renowned Caribbean rums, like Barbancourt 15 Year Estate Reserve, Flor de Cana 18, and Don Q Gran Anejo.
Guests might get hungry with all those drinks, so Bahama Breeze is also offering Rum & Coke Ribs, which features tender baby back ribs tossed in the restaurant’s signature rum and coke glaze.
Visit Rumtoberfest.com for more information, as well as rum tips, recipes, videos, interactive games and to be eligible for our sweepstakes.
About Bahama Breeze:
Bahama Breeze brings the feeling of a Caribbean escape, offering the food, drink and atmosphere found in the islands. The brand is known nationally for popularizing many Caribbean-inspired foods in the United States. The Bahama Breeze menu features familiar favorites, including seafood, chicken and steak, accented with the flavorful and colorful ingredients you’d find in the islands and reflecting the growing popularity of Caribbean and Latin flavors. For more information, visit www.bahamabreeze.com.